The Ukrainian Armed Forces confirmed the destruction of the large Russian amphibious assault ship "Cesar Kunikov"

The message from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine states that together with the Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, the destruction of the large amphibious ship "Cesar Kunikov", which was in the territorial waters of Ukraine near Alupka in the Black Sea, was carried out.

It was previously stated that on the morning of February 14, 2024, the sounds of explosions from the sea were heard in the occupied Crimea, in particular, in Yalta, Miskhor, Alupka and Simeiza. The Crimean Wind Telegram channel reported on this with reference to local residents.

Russian amphibious ship was attacked near the Mishor resort , which led to the dispatch of rescue ships and Mi-8 and Ka-27 helicopters.

It will be recalled that earlier the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the interception of six drones over the Black Sea, but did not report the attack on the ship.

This is not the first case of the destruction of Russian ships by the Ukrainian Armed Forces . In September 2022, the ship "Novocherkask" was destroyed as a result of an attack on the port of Feodosia in the occupied Crimea. As a result, the British Defense Minister stated that 20% of the Russian Black Sea Fleet had been destroyed in the last four months, which calls into question Russia's dominance in the Black Sea.

Dmytro Pletenchuk, the spokesman of the Naval Forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, commented on the destruction of the large Russian amphibious assault ship "Cesar Kunikov" on Radio Svoboda ("Svoboda.Ranok" project), which was previously reported by the General Staff of Ukraine.

"As the president of the Russian Federation said at one time, 'she has drowned'" (we are talking about Putin's words about the submarine "Kursk", which sank with 118 crew members in 2000 in the Barents Sea - ed.) . In principle, we can use his words to comment on the situation that happened with the large Russian amphibious assault ship Caesar Kunikov. Colleagues from the Main Directorate of Intelligence have once again worked on another redundant object in the Black Sea," said Pletenchuk.

According to him, after the destruction of the "Caesar Kunikov" in the Black Sea, only five of the 13 ships of the Black Sea Fleet remain "in service".

Pletenchuk also commented on the destruction of the ship on the day of the death of the Soviet officer Caesar Kunikov, in whose honor the ship was named.

"Maybe it's bad luck, not every Caesar manages to die twice in one day," said Pletenchuk.

At the same time, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the interception of six drones over the Black Sea. The Russian agency did not announce the attack on the ship.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

popular

Share this post:

More like this
HERE

Lviv MP did not declare real estate and car

Zhidachiv district court of Lviv region fined the deputy of Zhidachiv city ...

Orthodox on April 6 honors Mary Egyptian and St. Methodius

On Saturday, April 6, according to the new church calendar believers ...

On Sunday in Ukraine predict cooling to -3 and wet snow

On Sunday, April 6, weather conditions in Ukraine continue ...

Reduction of oil prices promises cheaper gasoline and diesel

In Ukraine, a few weeks may occur over a few weeks ...

Snow, wind and -5 ° C: forecasters warned about a sharp cold

Ukraine is coming to a powerful cooling that can cause serious ...

Money, apartment, acura: what is known about the income of the Deputy Chairman of the Odessa Ova

Anton Shaligaylo, who was appointed ... in March 2024 ...

Vladislav Belbas company is drawn to court again: the Ministry of Defense requires millions

The Commercial Court of Kyiv continues to consider a number of claims of the Ministry ...

Stolen on drones: as a defense enterprise financed the gasket companies

The Ukrainian Defense Sector was again in the center of a loud corruption ...