Trump and Zelensky discussed strikes on Russia at the UN General Assembly

US President Donald Trump, during a meeting with his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York, said that he was ready to lift the ban on the use of American weapons for strikes on Russian territory.

According to the Wall Street Journal, citing a senior US official, Zelensky asked to provide Ukraine with more long-range missiles and to allow it to strike targets deep inside Russia. In response, Trump said he was not against the idea, but did not give any specific guarantees or commitments to lift the current ban.

According to the publication, a Ukrainian delegation will soon travel to the United States for talks with Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth.

The Telegraph previously reported that during a closed-door meeting in New York, Zelensky asked Trump for Tomahawk missiles. At the end of the summer, it became known that the Pentagon was blocking Ukraine from using long-range American weapons to strike deep into Russian territory. Zelensky himself noted that Ukraine was still using its own developments for such purposes.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Popular

Share this post:

More like this
HERE

Sticky skin and cracks: how dangerous bananas can be

Bananas are one of the most popular fruits in the world. They...

The Guardian revealed details of Kuleba's conversation with Biden two days before the full-scale invasion

On the eve of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the then Foreign Minister...

Expert warns of rising retail fuel prices in coming weeks

Fuel prices are expected to rise in Ukraine, but the reason for this is...

A fraudulent call center was again discovered in the Ukrprofozdorovytsia building

In Kyiv, in the building of PJSC "Ukrprofozdorovytsia" on Shota St....

From Paris to Tanzania: journalists counted the foreign trips of the Head of the State Financial Monitoring Service of Ukraine, Philip Pronin

The Head of the State Financial Monitoring Service, Philip Pronin, held a...

After the attack on Druzhba, Hungary and Slovakia declared a state of emergency and blamed Ukraine

On February 20, the Hungarian government announced its intention to block the allocation...

Former head of Ukrenergo stated about the risk of power outages for another 3–5 years

Former head of NPC Ukrenergo Volodymyr Kudrytskyi said that the risk...

Organizer of the scheme to send conscripts abroad under the guise of a football team was detained in Kyiv

In Kyiv, law enforcement officers detained a 26-year-old man who organized a scheme...