Developers are destroying historic Kyiv, and officials are blaming each other

The Ukrainian capital, founded more than 1,500 years ago, is on the verge of losing its valuable historical heritage due to ruthless development and destruction of historical buildings. The problem has become especially urgent in light of the latest decisions of the Ministry of Culture, which allegedly contribute to the development of the city, but in fact lead to the destruction of its cultural face.

A scandal broke out in the capital at the weekend. The Zelensky manor was demolished. The mayor of Kyiv, Vitaliy Klitschko, had already called what happened a "cynical provocation" and noted that a few days before, the specialized department of the KMDA had sent documents to the Ministry of Culture to protect the building and grant it the status of a monument:

Klitschko

"Activists are coming under the building of the city hall. He said, "Klitschko demolished the monument." But why don't the outraged demonstrators go and ask questions of the parliament, which for more than 5 years has not passed the draft law submitted by the city, so that the capital has leverage over unscrupulous owners of ancient buildings? Why don't they turn to the government, from which the city has been demanding for so many years to return Sikorskyi's house, which is on the balance sheet of the Ministry of Defense, to the ownership of the community. The same Cabinet blocked the transfer to the community of Gostinny dvor, which the city, together with activists, returned from private property to state ownership. And the monument also stands without reconstruction and is collapsing."

Answer from acting Culture Minister Rostislav Karandeeva did not hesitate . He called it false allegations, blamed everything on the capital's authorities, which work improperly in this direction.

Karandeev

Meanwhile, yesterday, July 22, the Advisory Council of the Department of Cultural Heritage Protection of the KMDA did not support the inclusion of the Zelensky Manor, 1890, in the List of Monuments of Kyiv for the third time (!). This was reported by activist Dmytro Perov.

the council was bought by the developer

The accounting documentation was submitted for the first time by the Mapa Renovation NGO in December 2022. For the second time, a modified package of documents was considered in April 2024. For the third time, a new accounting document from the Heritage NGO was reviewed on July 22, 2024. Even after the building was demolished by the Turgenev developers ” and after the statements of Klitschko and representatives of the Department.

Actions - or rather inaction of the Department directly led to the destruction of the historical monument last Friday. And the refusal to grant it status excludes the legal mechanism regarding the obligation to restore it according to the Law "On the Protection of Cultural Heritage". And despite the allegedly signed memorandum with the developer on restoration, most likely there will be no restoration of the building.

scheme is as follows: the developer signs a memorandum with the city on restoration. The mass media write about it. Klitschko is a hero of Ukraine. But if the estate is not a monument, there are no legal grounds for its restoration. This memorandum will simply not be fulfilled by anyone, " said activist Dmytro Perov.

It seems that Karandeev did beat Klitschko, because today, July 23, the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine recognized the Zelensky Manor, 1890, as an architectural monument and obliged the Department of Cultural Heritage Protection of the KMDA, which until yesterday did not support granting the historical building the status of a monument (in the opinion of a council member Bohdana Kodushka - it has no historical, architectural, or cultural value.) to include it in the List of Monuments of the City of Kyiv.

According to Art. 21 of the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Cultural Heritage" now - the owner will be obliged to restore the building in its original form. Otherwise, it will be returned to the state or communal property of the city.

In the meantime, the law enforcement officers announced suspicion to the owner of the building, on whose instructions they demolished the Zelensky manor in Kyiv, a historical building of the end of the 19th century. Currently, the investigators announced to the owner of the house that he is under suspicion under Part 1 of Art. 388 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine — intentional damage and destruction of property subject to seizure by the court. The sanction of the article provides for a fine from 17,000 to 68,000 hryvnias or correctional labor for a term of up to two years, or restriction of freedom for the same term, with deprivation of the right to hold certain positions or engage in certain activities for a term of up to three years or without such.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

popular

Share this post:

More like this
HERE

Reduction of oil prices promises cheaper gasoline and diesel

In Ukraine, a few weeks may occur over a few weeks ...

Snow, wind and -5 ° C: forecasters warned about a sharp cold

Ukraine is coming to a powerful cooling that can cause serious ...

Money, apartment, acura: what is known about the income of the Deputy Chairman of the Odessa Ova

Anton Shaligaylo, who was appointed ... in March 2024 ...

Vladislav Belbas company is drawn to court again: the Ministry of Defense requires millions

The Commercial Court of Kyiv continues to consider a number of claims of the Ministry ...

Stolen on drones: as a defense enterprise financed the gasket companies

The Ukrainian Defense Sector was again in the center of a loud corruption ...

Ambassador to Israel has not declared 40 million hryvnias: NAPC check

The National Anti -Corruption Agency has found numerous violations ...

Baba brought out a scheme of export of sunflower products through clean water through Lviv region

The Economic Security Bureau exposed a large -scale smuggling scheme through logistics ...

Demchak acknowledged guilt and escaped prisons: 3 years conditionally and 2 million for the Armed Forces

The Supreme Anti -Corruption Court approved a correspondence agreement on the recognition of guilt ...