ZNPP: All power units are in a state of "cold shutdown" for the first time since the beginning of the war

For the first time since the end of 2022, all six power units of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant were put into a "cold shutdown" state. The last, the fourth reactor, entered this mode on Saturday, April 13. This was announced by IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi.

All six units were put into cold shutdown after the fourth unit underwent the procedure early Saturday morning.

The process of transferring power unit #4 from "hot" to "cold" shutdown mode began on Friday morning and was completed on Saturday at 7:30 am. This decision was made because the winter heating season ended in the city of Energodar, where the station is located and where most of the staff live.

"I welcome this step, which the Agency has recommended for some time, because it increases the overall safety of the facility," Grossi said.

While the decision to cold shutdown all six power units is positive, as cooling the reactors provides an additional buffer in the event of an accident, it does not solve the fundamental problems the plant has experienced recently. According to the IAEA, nuclear safety at this facility remains very unstable.

We will remind you that the State Atomic Energy Regulatory Commission of Ukraine previously issued regulatory orders limiting the operation of all six power units of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant to a cold shutdown state.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has expressed serious concern about the safety of the Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZAEP), reporting the sound signals of artillery fire that were heard today in the vicinity of the plant. Agency experts on the ground noted that some of the sounds were very clear despite the distance.

Recently, Russian President Vladimir Putin informed the IAEA about the Kremlin's intention to resume the operation of the Zaporizhia NPP, which is currently under the control of Russian forces. This increases the threat of possible incidents at the largest nuclear power plant in Europe.

Direct attacks on the Zaporizhzhya NPP represent a serious deterioration of the nuclear safety situation and a threat to Ukraine. This increases the risk of a possible nuclear accident, the director general of the agency, Rafael Grossi, said at a meeting of the IAEA Board of Directors. "The attack on the Zaporizhzhia NPP poses a threat to nuclear safety, including the plant's personnel and IAEA experts," Grossi noted.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

popular

Share this post:

More like this
HERE

Op Artem's exader's wife purchased real estate in Dubai for $ 4.3 million

Irina Shilo, the wife of the former adviser to the office of the President and the officer ...

Slavia singer waits for a baby after divorce from Dzidzo

Ukrainian singer Slavia, former wife of artist Dzidzio (Michael Khoma), ...

Yasno CEOs told who risks staying without light

Yasno CEO Sergey Kovalenko commented on a wave of messages in ...

Kyiv City Council MP Malyarevich declared 12 plots and apartment for 5.6 million

Provisional Chairman of the Commission of the Kyiv City Council on Architecture, Urban Planning and ...

MP from the "servant of the people" went to the EU and did not return

Member of the Berehiv District Council from the Party "Servant of the People" and ...

The deputy director of the educational institution collected data on the Armed Forces for the Russians

In the Sumy region, the Security Service of Ukraine exposed and detained ...

The Ukrainian national team retained the 25th place in the FIFA ranking after the League Nations matches

International Football Federation (FIFA) updated the rating of national teams for ...